Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bonjour class

This year of school is flying past so fast. I can not believe it's already the first week of October and next Monday is Thanksgiving. Everything is happening fast, and I feel like I'm not doing anything productive. I need a night where I just focus on school and get a least one of my papers done, and work on my HR project, and maybe do some more work on the business plan. And I definitely need to study for my entrepreneurship midterm on Thursday and FOR SURE study for my stats midterm on Friday .. considering I've done nothing in that class so far.

Today I received an email from my Research & Writing instructor and it was really nice. She expressed her worry for me missing class, sleeping in class and being overall not focused or interested in being there. And I didn't lie, I told her I don't like it. I feel like I'm in this program for the wrong reason. It shouldn't be about pleasing my parents. It shouldn't be about 'having a back-up plan' as my mom calls it. I want to be in design school. I don't understand what is so hard for my parents to grasp about that. I think I'd do really well there considering it's what I'm interested in. I actually think I'm going to take up sewing and painting. I'm not challenged in my day-to-day life and really need something with some sort of substance to keep me sane while I live here.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my friends, it's just sometimes I feel the need to be creative, or do something other than sit around, tan, eat out or watch movies. It's never a dull time with them, I just keep feeling like I need something more.

♥B

No comments: