Wednesday, June 18, 2008

don't worry, you're not alone.

Finally,
I'm spending my final night here in Moncton.
I can not explain how happy I am to be finally leaving this place.
I am going to miss some people, and I wish I had gotten closer to people sooner, but that's life and you work with what you're given. Overall, this year wasn't a complete waste. I had a huge falling out with a (best) friend / roommate in the fall, only to have two awesome people move in to replace her. I met John, had an amazing time with him, and who knows what the future holds for us, but I'm gradually coming to accept that whatever happens, happens and I'm happy and blessed to have had him in my life. I've gotten close to a couple people here and I will be sad to leave them, but I'm sure I'll be back next year to party a bit, haha.

So, it's onto Halifax tomorrow afternoon, maybe for the last time for a while. Well, definitely not for 2 months, but after that, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I thought of all the things I was willing to do to make this work, ie: work two maybe three jobs this summer, buy a car, etc just to be with him and I realized that realistically, I would be doing all those things for the wrong reasons. I should be thinking about me right now, my needs, and my goals and if that means not being in a relationship with someone I truly care deeply for, then I've got a tough decision to make.

Hopefully, these next couple days will be absolutely amazing and wonderful and then Monday we can talk about what the future is. I'm hoping for the best but I think I've prepared myself as best as I can for the worst. It will truly be a sad goodbye, just hopefully not forever.

Love,
B

No comments: